Sunday, March 22, 2009

Back to work

I have got to spend this week getting lots of stuff done.  A brochure, biz cards ordered, a sample graduation bear for the display at the bank.  Was thinking there might be a problem with the company that makes the graduation wear, well, if I'll be able to get caps and gowns is up in the air, but I got the graduation clothing item that different and cute that I wanted so I can create a sample bear to get to the school organizations involved so they can start taking orders.

Rereading a chapter in "How to Be, Do, and Have Anything" on focus.  I need to FOCUS on completing this.  

For one, the business counselor I was working with at the Small Business Development Center said if I could pull it off and show a profit, which I could, that that would greatly improve my chances of getting a small business loan for expansion.

For two, it would set the precedent for future sales.  As long as kids keep graduating, I'd have income.  And I could purchase future years' supplies at today's prices.

Finally, I would own this financial success; it would change me psychologically.  I've had this idea for years and I've never done anything with it outside a few bears.  Believing myself worthy of my idea, my dream of a business and fulfilling that dream would make me proud of myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment