Saturday, July 31, 2010

saturday sales

my best day yet being back at the Farmer's Market. Two little girls whose mother bought them bears last week came by my table to tell me how much they're enjoying their bears. Their mother said they dress them up and play with them all the time. Way cool. I used to dress some of my bears, maybe it's time again.

I really worked at production this week-- my shoulder and wrist ache but I got 40 new bears done and I had to take another table and I'm probably going to buy a larger table altogether this week 'cause yeah I've got stock. Deciding to use up the fur I have was a great idea.

Sat next to a man selling stuff with football logos. This coming week it is the Steeler material ('cause there are a heck of a lot of Steelers fans in this town evidently) and the tiny bears and the football helmets. Also pandas and koalas, for something new.

Got the dog done. And I made a bunny. Two people asked for lambs and maybe I should expand my repertoire a little more 'cause the business is "Teddy Hugs & Things."

More pics will follow but I realize I suck at photographing my work which is not good 'cause if I ever get stuff on Etsy, the photography has to be good.

Got the application for the holiday bazaar. Definitely. I can easily make the vendor fee back.

Had some material that made some gorgeous bears. I got my daughter (read: paid her to) name all the bears I had for sale and she fell in love with one she named Willie. She wanted him (I was thinking of keeping him for my collection) but I gave him to her. For awhile, he'll still be in the same house so I can enjoy him that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment